Wednesday, July 21, 2010

New Goodies!







Here's a little tidbit for those of you who want crystals but don't really have a fortune to spend...New Agey-type shops obviously know they care catering to a "certain crowd"...people who understand the value of certain objects. I'm not saying that's WRONG, however when you are able to shop at places that aren't necesarily catering to a certain group, you can often find incredible bargains.



Case in point: Gatlinburg. Nearly every shop in that touristy area there had SOME sort of mining/crystal thing.



I was able to buy these items for nearly nothing.



I bought the three points shown (Quartz, Smokey Quartz and Amethyst) for $9 each. They are each between 1-3 inches tall. In my area those would have run me about $20-40, easily.



I was able to buy those Citrine clusters for $3 and $2. The larger one is about the size of my palm...again in my area, that would run me over $20, depending on various factors.



A quartz heart that in my area runs between $12-20 was only $6



And this brings my to my last one, which bears with it a word of caution...those "Fill A Bag With Stones for Only ____ Dollars!!!"



Yeah some of those are just dyed quarz and agate stones....so beware. However I was able to pick out some genuine Hematite, Rose Quartz, Amethys, Smokey Quartz, Clear Quartz and Citrine for only $5 for the whole bag






So if you are in a pinch and cannot afford the crystals at your local supplier, don't overlook tourist spots, especially in areas known for mining.

No comments:

Post a Comment