Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Daily Rituals

Because my spirituality is so important to my day to day existence, I've been thinking about ways of including ritual in the every day.
I already try to express my spirituality through my decor...all the colors on my walls and in my home are picked with a spiritual intent in mind. The placement of crystals and plants are intentional, the pictures on my walls have meaning, and just the symbolism of the knick-knacks I pick out are meaningful to me.
But what I am looking for is an actual ritual I can do every day to connect myself to that which is greater than me. And I have to admit, even as a devout Christian, I wasn't much on daily prayer. I just get busy, I get distracted, or I just get plain ol' tired. I always have been deeply spiritual, but I openly admit to struggling with the daily application.
So simple would be good, huh?
I just bought a wall sconce that is just one big spiral pattern with an amber colored tea-light holder in the middle. I hung this in my kitchen, and I'm thinking, "how simple would it be to just light a little candle each morning and thank the Goddess for being with me?". Just to come up with some words, just a sentence or two memorized to lend a sense of ritual to the act. I can do that!
How about you...do you have any simple daily rituals that renew your sense of spirituality? I'd love to hear about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment